“With voices blended in lovely harmonies and a passionate approach to musical performance, Crowes Pasture evokes memories of classic folk duos like Ian & Sylvia, while simultaneously staking out creative new ground as part of the 21st century folk scene in New England. ”
— Nick Noble, host of "The Folk Revival" on WICN, Worcester, MA
About Crowes Pasture
Hidden away on the north side of Cape Cod at the edge of the Bay, is a salt marsh known as Crowes Pasture, where the ocean tides recede twice a day to reveal intricate patterns on the shifting sands. To Monique and Andy, this recurring cycle of creation and discovery evokes their own musical journey. The duo performs original music and eye-opening covers that reflect a mutual passion, sense of discovery and celebration of life. Their tightly blended vocal harmonies are mixed with an expressive instrumental style that is best described as a banjo-guitar romance. Crowes Pasture’s style of escapist folk transports and connects listeners through universal experiences in their “skillfully crafted, emotional songwriting”. (Chris Eastburn, award-winning composer)
In just four years time, Crowes Pasture has quickly been making waves with two EPs, two full-length albums, and their single, “Hazy Shade of Winter” (Paul Simon), under their belt. They have been featured on the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival Showcase Stage for four years running, performed at Club Passim’s Campfire Festival, and were finalists in the 2019 & 2018 Connecticut Folk Festival Competition. Their music has achieved airplay on over 70 stations nationwide and they’ve been featured on radio shows as far and wide as Tufts Freeform Radio in Boston to the national podcast, Sundilla Radio Hour.
**Crowes Pasture is available as a trio with a fiddler for select shows
Awards & Recognition
- 2019: "Slow It Down" makes incredible debut on International Folk DJ Charts for the month of June!
-#1 SONG! "Slow It Down"
-#8 Song: "Mercy Now"
-#23 Song: "Is This Love"
-#5 ALBUM! "Slow It Down"
-#8 TOP ARTIST FOR THE MONTH!
- Crowes Pasture Accomplish Much When They Slow It Down (Review by Bill Copeland)
- 2019: "Slow It Down" Released
- 2019: Newton's Crowes Pasture is at Club Passim (Interview by Ed Symkus)
- 2019: Best Song of the Month Finalists, as chosen by Songwriters Universe for the title track of the new album, "Slow It Down"
- 2019: Finalists in CT Folk Festival Auditions
- 2018: #3 Song (Hazy Shade of Winter) on National Folk DJ Chart for December
- 2018: "Hazy Shade of Winter" (Single) Released
- 2018: Finalists in CT Folk Festival Auditions
- 2017: Crowes Pasture named one of the Folk DJ Top Folk Artists of the year
- 2017: "Edge of America" named one of the Folk DJ Top Folk Albums of the year
- 2017: "Edge of America" album added to Folk DJ, Chris Kocher's list of Favorite Music
- 2017: #7 Album (Edge of America) on National Folk DJ Chart for October
- 2017: #3 Song (Edge of America) on National Folk DJ Chart for October
- 2017: "Edge of America" Released
- 2016: "Rambling Round: A Woody Guthrie Tribute" Released
- 2016: Crowes Pasture's self-titled CD on Sundilla Radio Hour's list of favorite albums
- 2016: Chosen as one of Folk DJ Nick Noble's top 15 albums of the year!
- 2016: Crowes Pasture's self-titled CD named one of Folk DJ Top Folk Albums
- 2016: Crowes Pasture named one of Folk DJ Top Folk Artists
- 2016: "Crowes Pasture" Released
- 2016: "Madison" one of Top 10 songs on OurStage online radio Americana charts for the months of January and February
- 2015: "Madison" reaches #1 on OurStage online radio Americana charts for December
- 2015: "Best Believe" Released